West Michigan Public Relations Society of America (WMPRSA) membership is a fun way to expand your PR knowledge and your circle of local business contacts. From Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Benton Harbor, to Holland, Muskegon, Manistee and Traverse City, we organize great events and networking opportunities to help you get the most out of PRSA.
Reasons to Join WMPRSA
- Enjoy reduced rates for local programs and events while expanding your PR knowledge.
- Keep current on the West Michigan PR industry and communications trends. Our monthly newsletter and website are great sources for members to find information on local PR news, the latest media moves and job opportunities.
- Prove the value of your work to senior management by submitting award-winning projects and campaigns to the annual PRoof Awards.
- Develop leadership skills by serving on a WMPRSA committee or by joining the board of directors.
- Expand your expertise and career through APR accreditation.
- Meet your prospective employer/employee at chapter programs and special events.
- As a student member, get a jump start on your career and polish your skills by attending WMPRSA events and mentor mixers.
- Build relationships with news directors, editors and reporters from local television and radio stations, daily, weekly and monthly publications and online outlets.
- Access PRSA's national library of free live webinars and on-demand webinars, as well as discounted registration for in-person seminars and conferences.
- Access PRSA's national job center, with more than 2,000 PR, communications and marketing jobs within reach.
Become a Member
To become a WMPRSA member, fill out the PRSA application online and select West Michigan Chapter when prompted. WMPRSA is the local chapter of PRSA National; national and local dues are required of membership.
Annual Membership Dues
$310 = $255 annual dues + $55 WMPRSA chapter dues. There is a one-time $65 initiation fee for first-time members.
Note: If you have less than three years of experience or are a recent graduate and were a member of PRSSA, you may be eligible for a reduced membership rate.