Job Number 1100043: Title Public Relations and Marketing Events Manager[More Information]
Location MI, Grand Rapids Job Description BISSELL Homecare, Inc., based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a 134-year-old floor care innovator and international marketer of home cleaning products including sweepers, vacuums, deep cleaning machines and cleaning formulas sold at retail locations worldwide. The company, in its fourth generation of family leadership, is the seventh oldest privately held manufacturing company in the United States, and is the largest manufacturer of floor care products in North America, by sales.
BISSELL has an excellent opportunity for a Public Relations and Events Manager at BISSELL. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for identifying and developing public relations and social media strategies and implementing effective programs, working in conjunction with BISSELL associates and external agencies, to maximize public exposure for the company, its products, corporate partnerships and initiatives.
Our ideal candidate will possess at least 5-7 years Public Relations experience working for a consumer products company, strong Public Relations strategy development, and proven project management skills. They will have the ability to identify and build relationships with key media contacts, as well as targeted consumer and industry influencers. This individual will also possess the ability to handle a variety of projects at one time ensuring timely delivery of materials.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing both consumer and trade public relations efforts and identify promotional opportunities for BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
- Working with external agencies and BISSELL associates to develop materials to support and promote new product launches and other key initiatives to consumer and trade audiences
- Identifying, developing, and managing viral, word of mouth, social networking, and social media opportunities to increase positive engagement with the company and its products
- Working with BISSELL business, community, and cause marketing partners to maximize partnerships and develop programs to generate appropriate exposure for the company
- Directing and developing messaging for crisis communication efforts working together with legal, outside agencies and other BISSELL associates
- Consulting with various subject matter experts throughout the organization on an as needed basis to inform and direct public relations and social media efforts
- Managing and planning press events and press visits as well as arranging interviews with appropriate BISSELL Associates
- Responding to media inquiries, oftentimes working in conjunction with marketing, legal and other BISSELL associates
- Directing and managing design efforts associated with public relations initiatives, special events and promotions, working with internal staff as well as outside vendors
- Maintaining accurate knowledge of the company, its products and programs
- Participating in company functions and staff events as required
- Attending trade shows and managing associated public relations efforts
- Providing information to Human Resources on initiatives requiring internal associate involvement or communications
- Informing international marketing as needed on U.S. public relations strategies, campaigns and marketing events that may have global applications
- Working with BISSELL Pro Cycling team management and personnel to build exposure for the cycling team, identifying promotional opportunities, and facilitating communication from team personnel to internal associates and external vendors and event promoters. Providing materials and support for sponsorships and team events as needed
- Establishing and managing methodologies for measuring the impact of public relations and social media initiatives
- Monitoring public relations and social media efforts, providing weekly and other activity reports as necessary
BISSELL Homecare, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity in the workplace. EOE.
Position Requirements Qualified candidates will possess:
- Minimum of a 4 year degree
- Specific concentration: Public Relations or Communications
- A minimum of 5-7 years Public Relations experience working for a consumer products company, strong Public Relations strategy development, and proven project management skills
- Experience leading and reporting on social media efforts for a consumer products company Attention to detail, along with strong written and verbal communication skills