Calling all PR and communications pros! WMPRSA's Meet the Media event has always been one of our most highly attended programs. In this special 2015 Round 2 version, we will welcome the return of our popular speed pitching format.
Throughout the program, participants will meet one-on-one with members of the media during timed speed pitching sessions.
For three minutes, you will have the undivided attention of news directors, editors and reporters from local television and radio stations, daily, weekly and monthly publications and online outlets.
These three-minute meetings go fast - so be prepared, plan your story pitches and maximize your time.
Arrive early to book the coveted appointments. The appointment sign-up sheets will be available at 11 a.m. on a first come, first served basis.
Many members of the West Michigan media have been invited, and we are still working to confirm the list of attendees.
Confirmed Media Include (additional names coming in daily):
- Shandra Martinez, Business Reporter - MLive/Grand Rapids Press
- Joanne Bailey-Boorsma, Arts/Entertainment - MLive/On-The-Town Magazine
- Bill Herbst, Assignment Manager - WOOD TV-8
- Diana Willsie, Daybreak Executive Producer - WOOD TV-8
- Nick LaFave, Evening News Anchor - WZZM TV-13
- Jennifer Pascua, Co-Host for My West Michigan & Noon News Anchor - WZZM TV-13
- Steve Zaagman, Reporter & Photographer - WZZM TV-13
- Michael Martin, Daytime Assignment Editor - WXMI FOX-17
- Shelley Irwin, Producer/Host - WGVU Radio and WGVU TV
- Josh Depenbrok, Owner - GRNow.com
MORE ATTENDEES COMING SOON... Check HERE for updates.
Fees: Chapter Members $25 Nonmembers $35 Students $20
When: Thursday November 19, 2015
from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Eve at The BOB 20 Monroe NW, 4th Floor Grand Rapids, MI 49503