Join us on March 16 when Steve Kelso, Marketing and Communications Manager for the Kent County Health Department, will join WMPRSA for lunch and share some tips and pointers that his team has learned as it relates to engaging with the changing media landscape in West Michigan. Prior to working at the health department, Kelso worked in television news for 30 years including 15 at WOOD-TV8 as chief photographer, assignment manager and reporter. He will explain how the news business has changed over the past few years and also how the health department has adapted by learning to tell its own stories by leveraging internal video resources. He’ll also share a few insider tips from his past career in TV news that all PR pros should know.
Key takeaways include:
- Behind the scenes in TV news – What TV is looking for and how PR pros can work to fulfill their changing needs
- Is traditional media dead? – Hear about ways to stay engaged by providing content the media will use
- Content vs. Journalism – What’s the difference and how to become a better content provider
- The rise of social media – What is the impact of social media on TV news and journalism
- Opportunity as a content provider – How the Kent County Health Department delivers content to media that they continue to use
- Video is king – How to easily develop video that TV news will use so long as you have high quality equipment and true pros to operate it
RSVP by March 13.