A pop-up PR workshop for nonprofit communication professionals
Whether you’re a CEO of a local nonprofit or a PR professional navigating outreach to donors, planning your first fundraiser or tasked with “getting the media” to pay attention to your organization, NONPROFIT REMIX is for YOU!
From reaping low-hanging social media fruit (while avoiding "poison apples") to how to make your next event the community’s hottest “go to,” we’re bringing together award-winning, seasoned PR experts who understand the unique communication needs of nonprofit organizations.
Join us for this fast-moving, results-driven workshop; sign up early for your top breakout session picks, as seating is limited. After lunch and networking, you’ll rotate from one breakout session to the next, completing three 20-minute, rapid-fire sessions in this dynamic professional development program with special nonprofit pricing of $25 for WMPRSA members and $35 for nonmembers.
Break-out sessions (choose 3):
- Social Media: Reaping the low-hanging fruit, while being beware of “poison apples” with Leah Twilley, Communications Specialist/Social Media, Grand Valley State University
- Is the News Release Dead? Media pitching in a changing local, state and national landscape with Rick Jensen, Senior Media Relations Specialist, Spectrum Health; Beth Cranson, Media Relations Consultant, Spectrum Health; and Karie James, Dayside Assignment Editor, WOOD TV8.
- The Art of the Event: How to make your next event the community’s “go to” with Holly Kroeze, Communications and Event Management, BISSELL Pet Foundation and Jan Burns, Events and Development Associate, Grand Rapids Community Foundation
- What’s your Call to Action? Storytelling that generates results with Amanda St. Pierre, APR, Principal, Saint PR, and Roberta King, APR, Vice President PR & Marketing, Grand Rapids Community Foundation
- Ask the Expert: Stuck on a tactic, not sure about a PR approach or direction? Feel tasked to do too much and not sure where to begin? Bring your pesky PR questions to pro practitioner Kim Skeltis, APR, Founder and Principal of BlueBlaze PR.
Space is limited. Reserve your spot today!
WMPRSA Members $25*
Includes lunch, networking and your choice of 3 jam-packed breakout sessions with seasoned PR pros.
*Nonprofit REMIX is a special event and not included in our 2017 subscription.