WEB CONTENT SPECIALIST
The Marketing and Communication Department at Aquinas College seeks a Web Content Specialist. Reporting to the communication manager, the web content specialist is the communications and content hub for the college’s website and main social media channels. This individual will play a vital role in telling the college’s story on digital platforms.
- Creates content, engages with audience, responds to inquiries and otherwise maintains primary Aquinas College social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Trains and supports departmental custodians on social media channels as well as the College’s content management system (CMS).
- Coordinates with College departments to ensure web pages are properly maintained and updated and comply with existing standards and policies. Writes and edits content as needed.
- Creates web presence for special events, projects and campaigns as needed.
- Conducts regular review of all web pages to ensure they remain consistent with overall guidelines.
- Collaborates with Communication Manager as well as AVP for Marketing and Communication on content creation and execution of external and internal communication.
- Serves as a member of the communication team, collaborating on strategic marketing strategies for AQ’s online presence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, digital marketing, media arts or related field required
- A minimum of one year of work experience in communications, journalism or public relations required
- Proficient, demonstrated writing skills for digital mediums, including use of A.P. Style, required
- Proficiency with contemporary software and applications, including the Google and Microsoft suite of software, and basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop required
- Working knowledge of content management systems required; proficiency in Drupal preferred
- Proficient with Google Analytics and disseminating analytic reports required
- Excellent written skills with versatile style for all types of content development required
- Understanding of e-marketing tools including capabilities, utilization, application software and analytics required
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and web practices to make decisions about digital content organization, hierarchy and presentation required
- Exceptional content creation, editorial and proofreading capabilities required
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects and assignments concurrently.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of internal and external contacts required
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds required.
Karen Campbell Media, Inc.
ASSISTANT PUBLICIST (Part Time)
About our company:
Karen Campbell Media, Inc. is a full-service publicity firm specializing in religious books, authors, organizations and ministries. Since its founding in 2010, it has been instrumental in the launch, as well as day-to-day communications, for countless bestselling products and brands.
Karen Campbell Media seeks a proactive and organized individual to join our team as a part-time assistant publicist. The ideal candidate will be task-oriented, have exceptional communication skills and an interest in the book publishing industry.
- Help grow Karen Campbell Media social and web presence
- Assist in writing press materials
- Compile media lists
- Research media contacts and maintain databases
- Assist in booking media
- Track media coverage and create publicity reports for clients
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient with social and online media
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and vocabulary
Location: Muskegon, MI
Contact: James Campbell, email@example.com
Grand Rapids Community Foundation
VICE PRESIDENT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING
The Grand Rapids Community Foundation is seeking a proven communicator to join their their team as Vice President of PR & Marketing. The position is responsible for leading public relations and strategic marketing efforts that are integrated with the direction of the Foundation. Leads and inspires philanthropic efforts in partnership with and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Develops and executes external and internal communication plans to support strategy. To learn more and apply, visit their website.
Frederik Meijer Gardens
EDITOR AND PROJECT MANAGER
Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park is searching for an Editor and Project manager to help create memorable content and manage the workflow process of our Communications, including print collateral, annual reports, invitations, magazines, signage and imaging services for public relations, advertising, promotions and digital media. The selected candidate must possess superior writing and proofreading skills and be able to multi-task, organize and prioritize several projects at a time. Bachelor of Arts degree, or equivalent, and three or more years of related experience required.
Coordinates departmental project tasks, timelines, and traffic process toward 100% accuracy, within budget and on time. Involves working effectively with others to facilitate approvals. Will also collaborate and develop advertising and promotional outputs in line with exhibition and general campaign strategy, both in print and digital technologies. This position is responsible for editing, creating and uploading online content as needed.
For more details, please visit Meijer Gardens' career website. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org