Catholic Central High School
The Communications Manager will ensure that all Catholic Central communications—including social media channels, print publications, marketing materials, email marketing, website, press releases, graphic design etc.—properly support and reflect our strategic mission and goals for recruitment, fundraising initiatives, alumni, parent and community relations essential to sustaining our school’s competitive position and continued strength.
For more information on the Communications Manager role, please view the job description.
Catholic Central High School is rich in both history and tradition. Founded in 1906 by Bishop Henry Richter and the Dominican Sisters, it is the oldest Catholic, coeducational diocesan high school in the U.S. It draws and benefits from a culturally diverse student body. And, since being established, over 20,000 students have graduated, many of whom still serve our community today.
Please submit a letter of introduction, current resume, three professional references, and four-five samples of professional writing to Beth Banta, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com. Applications will be held in confidence at this time.
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
The ArtPrize Public Relations Specialist will support the Communications Manager to initiate and manage projects related to all external communications, including media relations, publicity, marketing and events. Working as the ArtPrize Public Relations Specialist will involve project-based responsibilities, engaging in and contributing to ArtPrize local media outreach, coordinating interviews with ArtPrize spokespeople, writing press releases and media alerts, and database management. Opportunity will require an ability to provide own transportation downtown as well as availability/flexibility to attend events daily as directed. Hours vary by time of year. See job description for more details and requirements.
The ArtPrize Social Media Specialist will support the Communications Manager to initiate and manage projects related to external communications, including social media, marketing and events. Working as the ArtPrize Social Media Specialist will involve project-based responsibilities, database management, and executing and tracking the ArtPrize social media marketing efforts. Opportunity will require an ability to provide own transportation downtown as well as availability/flexibility to attend events daily as directed. Hours vary by time of year. See job description for more details and requirements.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
The ArtPrize Social Media Intern will support the Social Media Specialist and Communications Manager to initiate and manage projects related to external communications, including social media, marketing and events. Working as the ArtPrize Social Media Intern will involve project-based responsibilities, database management, and executing and tracking the ArtPrize social media marketing efforts. Opportunity will require an ability to provide own transportation downtown as well as availability/flexibility to attend events daily as directed. Hours: August 28 – October 13, 20 hours/week. See job description for more details and requirements.
To apply for any of these open positions with ArtPrize, send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and write the position you’re applying for in the subject of your email.
Sandy Pines Recreational Community
MEMBER SERVICE ASSISTANT MANAGER, Hopkins, MI
The Member Service Assistant Manager is a multi-faceted role that includes customer service, office management, marketing and communication responsibilities.
Who We Are
Sandy Pines is a seasonal member-owned recreational community, RV resort & campground 30 miles southwest of Grand Rapids. The resort encompasses 813 acres with Lake Monterey, a 216 acre private lake and an 18-hole golf course. There are 2,200 seasonal member sites including a 54 unit year round condo complex, campsites, cabins and seasonal park model rentals. We employ full time, year-round rangers, maintenance and administration staff, as well as a full time seasonal recreation staff. Park amenities include a splash pad & waterslide, ropes course, disc golf course, mini-golf, 3 remote control car tracks, lighted tennis courts, basketball courts, a baseball diamond, 13 heated bathroom & shower facilities and 3 heated outdoor pools. Sandy Pines is committed to supporting family values through the development and maintenance of a quality Recreational Park for the benefit of its Member families and their guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing & Communications
- Writing, composing and updating office forms, handouts and events
- Writing, composing and updating content and events on our website and social media channels
- Update Outlook print and online event calendars
- Copywriting related to park services and information to Members about park news and events through our website, print materials, social media and email marketing campaigns
- Monitor and respond to social media posts and inquiries
- Managing and updating content on our Member Service department website page
Member Service & Office Management
- Assist the manager for the general operation of the Member Service Department including the oversight of day-to-day tasks such as greeting and directing guests, maintaining electronic and hard filing systems and maintaining the office environment
- Answering main office phone line, responding to phone/email inquiries and appropriate handling of member suggestions and conflicts
- Responsible for processing member payments, balancing the daily register transactions and preparing daily bank deposits
- Outlook Calendar Management: setting up meetings with multiple parties, anticipating and resolving scheduling conflicts
- Assist the manager in scheduling the staffing requirements for the Member Service hours of operation, including Saturdays and holidays during the summer season
- Assist the manager in maintaining and improving systems for tracking cable/internet utilities, facility rentals and other park services
Working Conditions and Environment
The Member Service Assistant works at our front desk answering phones and handling onsite member visits, payments and inquiries. During the main season we staff a busy office. The noise level is moderate. They may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds handling paper and parcel deliveries. The position also requires them to move around the front desk regularly to retrieve copies, distribute mail and communicate with members.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Associate degree or higher in Customer Service, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (Must possess a good sense of humor and enjoy working with people)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, manage projects and prioritize tasks
- Proactive, confident and self-motivated
- Demonstrated writing and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively on a team and manage Member Service staff
- Eagerness to learn new systems, technologies and skills
- Ability to take and give constructive criticism
- Problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency or a deep interest in digital communication, including but not limited to:
- WordPress website content management system: Maintaining, updating and composing website content
- Social Media: Engaging, responding to and posting content through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & LinkedIn
- MailChimp email marketing: Composing and writing content for member communication
- SurveyMonkey: Composing member surveys
- Photoshop & Piktochart: Designing handouts, posters and print materials
- Ability to question the status quo and improve efficiency when it is lacking
- Tech-savvy with the ability to use applied technology to improve filing and communication systems
- Strong interest in community, health and recreation
Salary & Benefits
This is a full time position with benefits. Our work week is Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm requiring half days on Saturdays and Holidays during the summer. Salary is $25k to 35k, commensurate on qualifications and experience. The position is open immediately with the goal of having it filled by April 1st, 2017.
Please send your cover letter, resume, a sample of your writing (blog, web copy, press release, letter, event description, etc.) and salary requirements by email to:
Subject Line: Member Service Assistant Manager Position
COM 616 is a strategic public relations partner. We create and maintain relationships between people and brands by reaching the right audience, with the right message, at the right time. We are committed to providing value-add communication services that help achieve client’s goals.
Part-Time Public Relations Specialist
- Exceptional writing skills
- Proficient in Hootsuite, WordPress, Squarespace and all major social media platforms
- Basic design skills using Photoshop, Illustrator and/or platforms like Canva
- Self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects at once as well as capable of working remotely and in an office setting
- Ability to remain flexible regarding project needs
- Capable of identifying potential challenges and developing solutions for improvement
- Experience communicating professionally with teams, clients and media by email and in person
- 2+ years of public relations experience, at least 1 year of agency experience preferred
- Develop and review/edit content for internal and client social media channels
- Create and manage Facebook ads
- Develop and evaluate monthly social media analytic reports
- Support the development of social media content strategies
- Organize and manage multiple projects at once
- Basic website maintenance
- Identify and present opportunities to improve client experience and team success
- Develop blog posts, articles, PSAs, etc.
- Support the development of media materials (e.g., news releases, bios, media pitches and talking points)
- Research and media list development
- Identify potential media opportunities
- Organize and manage multiple projects at once
- Monitor media results develop monthly media tracking summaries
- Identify and present opportunities to improve client experience and team succes
Interested? Email your resume + work or writing samples to Hello@COM616.com.