DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Davenport University is seeking a Director of Communications responsible for leading efforts and personally engaging in the planning, execution and measurement of University Communications programs and projects which are designed to deliver branded messaging to key audiences that include the general public, employees, students, alumni, donors, legislators, government leaders and other key stakeholders. Projects include media relations, publication development, web communications/social media programs, audiovisual and photographic content development, and the creation of and message support for University special events. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision and cultural values. Ideal candidates will have 10-15 years successful, relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field. Master's degree preferred. For position description and candidate requirements, click here.
Sabo PR is looking for a communications pro to join their growing team. This position will be embedded half-time in the offices of one of their clients and half time working on a variety of engaging communications projects for their corporate, nonprofit, municipal and education clients. SaboPR is looking for someone with 3-5 years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field. For more about the position, candidate qualifications and how to apply, please refer to their website.
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Olivet College seeks a full-time Digital and Social Media Coordinator to create, share and measure content across multiple digital and social platforms. Candidates for this entry-level position should be innovative, possess a positive attitude, and be self-motivated while also being capable of working collaboratively.
- Maintain WordPress-based website and ensure content is current and accurate. Develop new website content (pages, navigation, forms, etc.) as needed.
- Implement online marketing tactics pursuant to the strategic goals set by the Admissions and Marketing Department.
- Develop and execute a strategy to drive engagement through Olivet’s multiple social media sites with an emphasis on increasing traffic to improve branding and student recruitment efforts. Sites may include but are not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
- Manage team of student bloggers and ensure timely production of content.
- Bachelor’s degree, major in communication, public relations, advertising, marketing or related field preferred.
- One to three years of experience working in digital and social media field.
- Experience with UX and UI design preferred.
- Experience working with a web content management system (CMS) and metrics reporting tools such as Google Analytics and Google Adwords a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
Location: Olivet, Michigan
For a complete description and to apply, click here.