While we can't imagine why you are not already a WMPRSA member, PRSA is running a promotion during the month of February that includes FREE chapter fees, Feb. 1–29. During this promotion, when you join PRSA (national) with code FEB16, you will also receive Chapter membership (up to $100). If you want to talk to someone about membership, feel free to contact Carl Apple, chair of the membership committee for the WMPRSA board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sonja Popp-Stahly, APR, of the PRSA National Board of Directors, is scheduled to speak on the evolving role of the public relations professional at an event for the Greater Lansing Association of Realtors March 18 in Lansing. She is also Director of Digital and Social Media Communications at Eli Lilly and Company, a global pharmaceutical company headquartered in Indianapolis. Click here to register. The presentation begins at 9 a.m. and costs $40 for non-members of the Association of Realtors.
Are you a West Michigan-based PR pro seeking a community of dedicated peers to connect with on the day-to-day challenges you face on the job? The PRSA West Michigan Chapter provides local practitioners like you with opportunities to engage with colleagues on real-time issues, and enhance your communications programs with expert insight and industry resources. The Chapter is part of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), a national association of public relations professionals.
When you become a member of PRSA this October, you’ll receive the West Michigan Chapter for FREE with promo code OCT12. Your membership will also grant you access to numerous resources, such as:
- More than 21,000 colleagues through our members-only directories and online discussion forums.
- More than 50 free live and on-demand webinars.
- Updates through the daily Issues & Trends newsletter, the monthly Public Relations Tactics flagship newspaper and The Public Relations Strategist quarterly magazine featuring executive-level insight.
- Members-only discussion boards, a database of case studies, articles and research.
- The Business Case for Public Relations™ and the PRSA Code of Ethics that offer values, principles and practice guidelines that define professionalism and success.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Public relations professionals are regularly faced with unique and challenging ethical issues on the job. Our advice: “Act Ethically and Carry On” — the theme of this year’s PRSA Ethics Month. Throughout September, we have a number of ethics-focused activities planned to help you brush up on your ethics knowledge:
- Webinar: “Ethical Solutions to Questionable PR Practices,” Sept. 26, 3-4 p.m. EDT Through a dissection of current case studies, PRSA’s Board of Professional Standards (BEPS) will provide insight and training on how public relations crises can be avoided or mitigated through ethical decision-making. Register now to reserve your spot!
- Tweet Chat: Engage in a real-time #PRethics discussion on the ethical issues facing young professionals, Sept. 25, 3 p.m. EDT. This event will be hosted by BEPS Chair Deborah Silverman (@silvermandeb) and New Professionals Section Chair Leah Moon (@starmoon).
- Blog Posts: Throughout September, you’ll find new ethics-focused blog posts on PRSAY. Check out some of the most recent posts on this topic, including “Ethical Leadership in Public Relations,” “Ethics and the Catbird Seat,” “Ethics Month 2012” and “Where’s The Ethics?"
For more information on PRSA Ethics Month, click here.
Here's the latest special offers and news from PRSA National:
- FREE Chapter promotion this month: professionals who join PRSA National in July or August receive a FREE Chapter.
- To help create greater awareness of Chapter initiatives within the National community, we’re adding to our Issues & Trends Membership Thursday newsletter a “Community Connection” column. Launching July 19, we want to showcase what interesting programs are coming up for Chapters, whether it be an award deadline, professional development event or community service project. Also, we want to share the successes of individual members – new hires, new business wins and other professional milestones! For inclusion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To bolster revenue, consider participating in the Community Connection webinars on July 26 and Aug. 9. Programming for these webinars was exclusively developed for Chapters. General membership will not have automatic access to these webinars. Instead, Chapters may sell/grant free access to members and nonmembers alike. Promotion, registration and pricing is to be led by Chapter leaders. National’s only guideline is that pricing not be set lower than $25. For more information, click here!
- PRServing America. PRSA will honor superior Chapters’ pro bono efforts that have strengthened and preserved local communities. Cash awards will also be provided. For more information, click here!