WMPRSA’s annual “Meet the Media” event has always been one of our most highly attended programs. This month, we will welcome the return of our popular “speed pitching” format.
Throughout the program, participants will meet one-on-one with members of the media during timed speed pitching sessions. For a few minutes, you will have the undivided attention of news directors, editors and reporters from local television and radio stations, daily, weekly and monthly publications and online outlets.
These three-minute meetings go fast – so, be prepared, plan your story pitches and maximize your time.
Arrive early to book those coveted appointments. The appointment sign-up sheets will be available at 11 a.m.
Media Participants (as of 3/12 - check website for updates)
- Dan Boers – Assistant News Director, WOOD TV 8
- Marty Primeau – Managing Editor, Grand Rapids Magazine
- Matthew Russell – Editor, UIX Grand Rapids
- Karie James – Assignment Manager, WXMI FOX 17
- Chelsie Wyse – Community Engagement Specialist, The Rapidian
- Shelley Irwin – Morning Show Host/Producer, WGVU
- Joanne Bailey-Boorsma – Editor, MLive Media Group
- Dave Jaconette – Program Director / Host: Sound Off West Michigan, 107.3 WBBL / NewsTalk 1340 WJRW
- Phil Tower – Director of Programming, Newsradio WOOD 1300
- Valerie Lego – Health Reporter/Host Healthy You, WZZM TV 13
- Jennifer Pascua – Reporter – Weekend Anchor, WZZM TV 13
- Chris Ehrlich – Online Editor, Grand Rapids Business Journal
- Shandra Martinez – Business Reporter, MLive Media Group
- Zane McMillin – Community Engagement Specialist, MLive Media Group
- Elizabeth Slowik Sinkevics – Editor, LocalSpins.com
Thursday, March 20, 2014
- 11 AM: Registration/Lunch (vegetarian option available)
- 11:30 AM - 1 PM: Speed Pitching
Please note: Cathedral Square Center is a four story building at the corner of Division and Wealthy. Parking is available in the ramp next to the Cathedral Square Center. You may enter the ramp on Wealthy St. SE or Goodrich St. SE. and park on the lower or upper levels where spots are available.
- Member $25
- Non-Member $35
- Student $20
- Please note there is an additional $5 fee for registration at the door.
RSVP by Tuesday, March 18.
REGISTER HERE: http://bit.ly/1ielnaf