West Michigan Public Relations Society of America (WMPRSA) membership is a fun way to expand your PR knowledge and your circle of local business contacts. From Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Benton Harbor, to Holland, Muskegon, Manistee and Traverse City, we organize great events and networking opportunities to help you get the most out of PRSA.
Reasons to Join WMPRSA
1. Networking - Network with more than 100 WMPRSA members in the western half of the Lower Peninsula, from Benton Harbor to Traverse City
2. Education/professional development - Keep current on the West Michigan PR industry and communications trends through our programs, newsletter and website with information on local PR news, the latest media moves, and job opportunities.
4. Industry award program - Prove the value of your work to senior management by submitting award-winning projects and campaigns to the annual
5. Leadership skills - Develop leadership skills by serving on a WMPRSA committee or by joining the board of directors.
6. Professional accreditation - Expand your expertise and career through APR accreditation.
7. Media networking - Build relationships with news directors, editors and reporters from local television and radio stations, daily, weekly and monthly publications and online outlets through our popular “Meet the Media” programs.
8. Career leads – In addition to networking with professionals at local monthly meetings, you can find local job openings listed on the WMPRSA website and newsletter. Or access PRSA's national job center listing more than 2,000 PR, communications and marketing jobs.
10. Professional directory – Find more than 30,000 fellow PRSA professionals across the country in the PRSA online directory.
Become a Member
To become a WMPRSA member, fill out the PRSA application online and select West Michigan Chapter when prompted. WMPRSA is the local chapter of PRSA National; national and local dues are required of membership.
Annual Membership Dues
$310 = $255 annual dues + $55 WMPRSA chapter dues. There is a one-time $65 initiation fee for first-time members.
Note: If you have less than three years of experience or are a recent graduate and were a member of PRSSA, you may be eligible for a reduced membership rate.